This Policy describes how Parker Torchology processes your personal data, but may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Parker Torchology may inform you of product or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before the collection.
This Policy describes:
- How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How We Disclose Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Third-Party Providers and Their Services
- International Transfers of Your Personal Data
- Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data Personal data means any information which alone or jointly with other information can be used to identify a natural person. Such data is provided to us directly by you when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us, such as when you create a Parker Torchology account or contact us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving usage data from software running on your device. The personal data we collect may include name, postal and email addresses, phone number, and login information (account and password), depending on the website you visit or the product and service you use.
Your email address is used to only send you information that you have requested. As part of our email marketing software, it allows you to elect to receive, or not receive, certain information. We adhere strictly to permission-based email policy. Parker Torchology will not sell, rent, or loan our contact lists to any outside firms. All emails that you have requested will have an option to unsubscribe. Unsubscribe requests are fulfilled within minutes and no further communications will be sent to users who have stated that they do not wish to receive the specified information.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about the products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in Parker Torchology promotional activities and market surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you don’t want to receive such kind of information, you can opt out of receiving such information at any time.
- Sending you with important notices, such as the updates
- Providing you with customized user experience and content; and activating after-sales services.
- Improving our products and services through internal audit, data analysis, and research.
- Troubleshooting when you choose to send us error reports.
- Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
- Improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- Parker Torchology may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, Parker Torchology will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visitors to its website. We collect such data to understand how users use our websites, products, and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. Parker Torchology may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
- We will endeavour to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure separate usage of the two types of data. If Personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.
2. Cookies & Similar Technologies
2.1 Cookies To ensure the correct operation of our website, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device, and the content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you are using and enable the websites to store such data as your preferences.
2.2 Web Beacons and Pixel Tags In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites, such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from Parker Torchology, it may contain a click-through URL which links to a Parker Torchology web page. If you click the link, Parker Torchology will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer services. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image embedded on a website or in an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email is opened. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list of Parker Torchology at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
3. How We Disclose Personal Data Parker Torchology shares your personal data with other partners as described in this Policy when services are provided by partners authorized by Parker Torchology.
To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, Parker Torchology may also disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If Parker Torchology is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or bankruptcy and liquidation lawsuits in some jurisdictions, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction. Parker Torchology may also disclose your data when appropriate, such as for the execution of Terms and Conditions and when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Parker Torchology are correct. Parker Torchology is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
To the extent required by the law of your jurisdiction, you may (i) have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you, (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data, (iii) object to our use of your personal data, and (iv) ask us to delete your personal data from our database. To exercise these rights, please contact es@Parkertorchology.com. Your written request may be required for security. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is a fraud, infeasible or may jeopardize the privacy of others.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Data The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. We will retain your personal data only as needed for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise required by law or necessity. Parker Torchology is committed to protecting your personal data, but please note that no security measure is perfect.
6. Third-Party Providers and Their Services To ensure a positive user experience, you may receive contents or web links from third parties other than Parker Torchology and its partners (“third parties”). Parker Torchology does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the contents and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
Parker Torchology cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties, who are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
7. International Transfers of Your Personal Data As a global company, your personal data collected by Parker Torchology may be processed in or accessed from the country/region where your products and services are used or in other countries/regions where Parker Torchology or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers have presence. Parker Torchology will take measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws in the area where the data is located.
9. How to Contact Us If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact our Data Privacy Officer – Edwina Saunders – firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 15.5.19